Monday, April 07, 2008

Man plans......God Laughs!
Well if you read my previous post you know that I had plans for traveling. I arrived at my mother's home and Phil unloaded my luggage. Luggage enough for 2 1/2 weeks. We had just decided to retire for the night and the phone rang. My sister had just been informed by the news that SKYBUS had gone bankrupt, which happened to be the plane I held 8 tickets on. This was their announcement: Dear Skybus Customer:We regret to inform you that Skybus Airlines will cease all operations effective 12:00 a.m. Saturday, April 5. As a result, your Skybus flight has been cancelled.Skybus will not be processing refunds directly. To arrange for a refund on your reservation, please contact your credit card company directly. If you purchased flight insurance for your reservation, please refer to your insurance confirmation from AIG for information on filing a claim.Skybus struggled to overcome the combination of rising jet fuel costs and a slowing economic environment. These two issues proved to be insurmountable for a new carrier.We deeply regret the impact this decision will have on our customers, as well as our employees and their families, vendors, suppliers, airport officials and others in the cities in which we have operated. Our financial condition is such that our Board of Directors felt it had no choice but to cease operations.
So I returned home to Michigan to begin the process of having my reservation refunded. God has given me a Heavenly peace in the midst of this sudden change of plans. I can only credit Him and those who prayed. Knowing that God's Way is the Best Way has kept my Spirits buoyed. It is not my place to grumbled or complain about how He directs my path. If the Lord allows my son to be able to get the entire week off work during the time that Jason and Steven are on Spring Break then we trust they will be driving to Ohio instead of flying. We are trusting God for the details for He knows Best!

4 comments:

Norma Gwen Watson said...

Wow! I heard they had gone bankrupt and passengers were stranded. But as you said, God knows all about it. I hope you get all your money back!

Leah said...

What a bummer!
God knows...

grandmagene said...

I am so sorry to hear your plans were changed. I know how disappointed you are. But like you said. God knows.....

urhis said...

Thank you all for commiserating with me. Your sympathy is well noted.