Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Those Special Moments in Weddings
As I was thinking about our wedding I recalled that particular incident that happens in most weddings or wedding rehearsals that the bride and groom look back on and say, "Do you remember...and then smile or blush." Well it occurred to me that I hadn't shared ours so here goes.
It just so happens that both of these events happened to the blushing bride (me) which left me blushing even more brightly. I really do believe it has something to do with being blonde till the age of 4. LOL The first took place at the wedding rehearsal. I had watched all the attendants practice walking up the aisle and then it was my turn. Well, maybe, I was just a little too eager because I was half way up the aisle when I realized I had left my dear father standing back at the vestibule. So with quite a bite of teasing from my future brothers-in-law I started again including my Dad.
NEXT
The day of the wedding everything was going splendid and we came to the part in the ceremony where the preacher says"You may now kiss your bride" and This eager bride was leaning in for the big smooch when to her confusion her groom is pulling away. It's then that I realize that I had forgotten to allow Phillip to lift the veil. Amid the snickers and blushes Phillip carried out his "duty" and Mr. & Mrs. Phillip H. Avery were presented to the congregation.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So this explains my daughters eagerness at all this!!! I knew Grandma must have been behind it all LOL!

urhis said...

What do you expect me to teach her when we play Barbie? LOL