Thursday, August 23, 2007

You Did Splendid!
Tell your spouse (and kids and friends and sisters and co-workers and pastor and and and) how they are “just right”; in fact Dr. Angelou author of I know why the Caged Bird Sings said, let them know that they are the best. “You are splendid.” Say it out loud (just saying it to the air brings a smile to my face).
In the morning, say it. Call home from work and say it. Send an email and say it. Walk in the door and say it with a kiss. Before you close your eyes at night say it.
“You are so good at that.” “It’s just like you to be so thoughtful.” “You are so handsome.” “You smell wonderful.” “I really like your smile.” “I love hearing you sing in the shower.” “You are such a wonderful cook.” There is no end.
Listen to this: As Dr. Angelou said, "call a person a dog and don’t you be surprised if they act like one. If you tell them they are splendid, they will want to live up to it."
Short and simple, isn’t it? I’m grateful that she reminded me.
Please, pass it on

No comments: