Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Proposal


A college senior took his new girlfriend to a football game.



The young couple found seats in the crowded stadium and were watching the action. A substitute was put into the game, and as he was running onto the field to take his position, the boy said to his girlfriend, "Take a good look at that fellow. I expect him to be our best man next year."


His girlfriend snuggled closer to him and said, "That's the strangest way I ever heard of for a fellow to propose to a girl. Regardless of how you said it, "I accept."

4 comments:

Michael & Ruth Anne Arnold said...

I spoke to your Dearly Beloved of almost 33 years tonight. You'll be happy to know that he appears to be doing okay. Now I don't want to get him into any trouble, but when I asked him if he were missing his spouse too badly he replied, "It's not that bad yet". If I were you I would hurry home before he realizes just how bad it can be. Just a little marriage counseling from your pastor.

urhis said...

LOL Who is he trying to fool? That's not what he told me in the love note we left each other online!! Pastor are you up to that councelling session? LOL

Michael & Ruth Anne Arnold said...

Obviously I did not have all of the information, but somehow I now feel as though I have been given too much. The thrashing and gaspings sounds you are now hearing are those of someone who has gotten in way over their head but only knows how to doggy paddle. Seriously, we both appreciate the Godly example you set for marriage. Phil just puts on a strong front when going solo. :)

urhis said...

You have all the basic ingredients that we began with 33 years ago and you will get where we are Lord Willing ONE DAY AT A TIME!(Puppies do grow up with time) LOL