Thursday, May 15, 2008

Abigail's Grandparent Book




Grandparent's Day at Abigail's School


I know that usually Grandparent's Day is celebrated in the fall but at Summerfield School it is in May. Each of the classes sings a couple songs and some of the teachers spoke of fond memories of their Grandparents. If you can see a little girl in a red blouse on the top row on the right hand side that would be my sweet granddaughter, Abigail. One of the classes sang I've Got Peace like a River.
I thought that was remarkable for a public school. Of course there were other songs that I'm sure the older grandparents could relate to such as Blue Suede Shoes. Of course that was before MY time. ha ha


After the program we were invited to visit our grandchildren's classroom.


Abigail presented me with a little booklet she had written and read me a story.

Then she walked home with me.
Isn't she precious?!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's my sweet little angel (don't look too close at the horns holding the halo....love ya sweetie)