Friday, February 29, 2008

Yes, this is a Leap Year and I have waited for 4 years to celebrate another birthday. First my daughter, Sarah wrote such a nice post on her blog commemorating my birthday. This morning I awoke to a Divine birthday kiss from Phillip and then a phone call from my sister-in-law, Lisa. Then my mother called and reminisced about the afternoon I was born. Then my Aunt from Texas called with birthday wishes and we had a lovely visit. Hannah and Zachary went shopping and bought me a lovely birthday cake. I received birthday cards from several family members. I opened my e-mail and there was the sweetest birthday note from one of the dearest pastor's wives I have had in 52 years. Ruth Anne is like one of my own daughters. She blesses me to call me her "Church mother." She has such a Christ-like spirit. Then I signed onto a favorite website (MyHoliness) and more friends had wished me a happy birthday. My phone rang again and there was my son and grandson, Timmy calling from Kansas. I went out to get the mail and when I came back in realized I had a voice message from my brother-in-law from Kansas calling to say Happy birthday. Abigail came home from school then she cut and served Naomi, Zachary and I birthday cake after they sang Happy Birthday To You.... Later Phillip, Naomi, Tony, Sarah and their children enjoyed a meal with me at Big Boy Restaurant. During supper our twin Grandsons, Jason & Steven called my cell phone to add their greetings. Then my husband bought me roses and Tony & Sarah's family bought me some of the Love Comes Softly series. Thank you everybody for making my day so special.

Zachary is enjoying this snowy February 29th (Leap Day).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's my little handsome man, but WHERE IS HIS HAT!!!!

Norma Gwen Watson said...

I am sorry I didn't know it was your birthday, so I didn't wish you a happy one. It sounds like you had a very happy birthday!