Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Courtship


How did a young lady born in Michigan, raised in Ohio, and graduating in West Virginia "just happen" to meet and fall in love with this Michigan man? It was no accident me meeting (does that sound like a song) him. God had a master plan for both of our lives and I'm so glad we followed His leadership.

Phillip and I dated long distance for 3 months (before becoming engaged)especially since I was in school. On the weekends that I went home and Phillip wasn't working he would come to Ohio. We didn't really do anything spectacular as far as dating but we talked and took drives and visited with family. We did go out to Dairy Queen occasionally. Of course Sunday's we attended church with my family. Then all to soon it would be time for Phillip to drive back to Michigan, while we wondered just how soon he could come back again. Is it getting mushy in here or is it just me? LOL Sorry.

Often when Phillip was teased about going to that southern state with 4 letters to claim a girlfriend he would reply with " I just went down there to help her see the light and bring her back to her homeland." Even though I lived in Michigan my first 2-3 years at heart I am a southern gal. What can I say???? LOL No matter how much I loved home the Lord began to remove the soft feathers that lined my "nest" and placed a small compass in there that pointed due north. We knew that He had joined our hearts and some time ahead there was a future for us. As you know there came a time in this relationship that God began to give Phillip light and he began to take small steps to walk in the light of Proverbs 18:22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour of the Lord. just teasing I'll tell you all about it when we visit again. You all come back now .....REAL SOON!



2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

Ahhhhh! I enjoyed reading your love story! How sweet. I am getting ready to post something about us pretty soon.

urhis said...

Thanks Shar, it is fun reminiscing. The Proposal is coming soon! LOL